The mission of the Office of the City of Yokohama Representative to the Americas is to contribute to the prosperity of the regional and global economy by promoting the mutual development of North American and Yokohama businesses. Our mission is based on Yokohama’s long-held value for economic development: “Growing Together with the World,” which the city has prided itself on ever since it opened its doors as the first international port in Japan in 1859. We firmly believe that promoting business opportunities for both North American and Yokohama businesses will lead to the creation of jobs and stimulate local economies in both regions, which will in turn contribute to global economic development starting from Yokohama.
Services for North American Companies
Our office is ready to support companies seeking opportunities in Yokohama. Working closely with the Yokohama municipal government, Kanagawa prefectural government, JETRO and other partners, we will serve as the first point of contact to connect companies to the right people and resources to maximize their growth prospects in Yokohama. Our agile, free-of-charge services make use of our wide-ranging resources and networks in both Japan and the US and can be tailored to meet the unique needs of each individual client.
If you would like to further discuss how we may be of your help, please contact us or send us an email to email@example.com.
Our Services Include:
- Market Intelligence & Research: Providing economic and demographic data to support comparative analysis and well-informed decision making
- Site Selection Assistance: Assisting the selection of the most suitable location for your business, including real estate searches
- Early-stage Business Support: Providing information on incubation facilities in Yokohama
- Incentives Consulting: Pointing out the most suitable business incentives
- Networking Support: Recommending B2B matching platforms and networking events in Yokohama
- Workforce information: Providing information on recruitment opportunities
- Site Visit Facilitation: Assisting pre-relocation visits in Yokohama in coordination with JETRO and Kanagawa prefecture
- Public Relations Support: Assisting public relations in Yokohama (e.g. press release support)
- Collaboration Facilitation: Identifying opportunities for collaboration and providing tailored advice
- Yokohama City Information: Providing general information on city services, community, and daily life in Yokohama
Services for Companies from Yokohama
Our office provides services for Yokohama-based companies seeking to expand their business in North America. Please visit the Japanese language site for details.