Yokohama City is one of Japan’s first truly international cities, and has long been a prime destination for global business.
Wondering what makes Yokohama City an attractive place to expand your business into Japan? Why you would choose Yokohama over someplace like Tokyo? Follow the links below to learn more about how the City of Yokohama can help your business and workers get the absolute most out of your expansion into Japan.
Yokohama is close to central Tokyo, while keeping business costs more affordable.
HIGHLY SKILLED WORKFORCE:
Yokohama hosts a myriad of academic and R&D institutions that generate talent.
QUALITY OF LIFE:
Yokohama is an international city that provides a comfortable living environment for all of its citizens, including expatriats.
BUSINESS DISTRICTS & COST:
Yokohama has nine unique business districts with easy access to transportation.
BUSINESS SUPPORT & INCENTIVES:
Yokohama offers a range of incentives to companies expanding or relocating to the region.
More Reasons Why Yokohama
Don’t just take our word for it! Visit the links below for external articles about Yokohama, its atmosphere, and its business potential.
- fDI Intelligence (2021) – “Yokohama eyes post-Covid change”
- Savills (2020) – “Yokohama makes a comeback”
- The Scots Magazine (2020) – “Scottish Startups Should Consider Yokohama – Sponsored”
- New York Times (2019) – “36 Hours in Yokohama”
- Euronews (2019) – “Yokohama: Japan’s harbour city”
- CBRE (2019) – “Japan’s Emerging R&D Hub Yokohama Minato Mirai”
- fDi Intelligence (2017) – “Yokohama sets the sustainable standard across Asia”
- The New York Jewish Travel Guide (2017) – “Discover the Beauty of Yokohama and the Yokohama Foreign General Cemetery”
- The Business Times (2017) – “Yokohama: A showcase of sustainable city management”